Thanks to the iTero scanner our dentists are able to capture enhanced 3-D dental images of our patient's mouth. Here's a little more from our Delta dentists on what iTero is and how it helps you get the most out of Invisalign.
What Is The iTero Scanner?
The iTero scanner is an intraoral wand, which a dentist is able to move around the inside of a patient’s mouth to create 3-D dental images in just minutes.
Dentists can use intraoral scans from iTero to create dental models for restorative such as dental implants and crowns, as well as to diagnose and treat orthodontic conditions.
Invisalign & iTero
Invisalign orthodontic treatment is a series of clear, removable aligners that gradually straighten your teeth without traditional metal braces.
iTero intraoral scanners are perfectly compatible with the Invisalign system, and can help your dentist create a detailed Invisalign treatment plan just for you.
The Benefits Of iTero
- iTero scanners are easy for dentists to use and the scans they produce are considerably more detailed than traditional 2-D images.
- iTero's screens display the digital images in real time.
- Enhanced digital scans mean more efficient and convenient treatment for you.
- No more goopy mess from taking traditional impressions.
- Dentists can easily share digital scans with other dental professionals and third-party providers, like Invisalign.
- iTero scans can be used with the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show you what your smile could look like after Invisalign treatment is complete.
- Regular scans with iTero throughout your Invisalign treatment can help your dentist track your progress.